Jackson State head coach Deion Sanders does NOT want to be called “Deion” by members of the press.
During SWAC media days on Tuesday, Nick Suss of the Clarion Ledger prefaced one of his questions to Sanders by calling the decorated coach by his first name “Deion”.
Coach Prime quickly snapped at the reporter.
“You don’t call Nick Saban, ‘Nick.’ Don’t call me Deion,” Sanders told Nick Suss.
“If you call Nick (Saban), Nick, you’ll get cussed out on the spot, so don’t do that to me,” Deion Sanders later added. “Treat me like Nick.”
Talking season apparently abruptly ended at SWAC Media Days as Jackson State coach Deion Sanders walks out of SWAC Media Day event after being called 'Deion'. https://t.co/IuqLKAlr3o
— Pat Smith (@patsmithradio) July 20, 2021
Trending from Side Action
- Video of Texans Fans Having Sexual Activity Under Their Ponchos Goes Viral
- Faceless NSFW Chargers Fan Shows Off Thong After Sunday Night Football Win
- Antonio Brown’s Girlfriend Cydney Moreau Trending After Texts Show She Offered to Pay for Vaccine Card
- Mike Zimmer Spotted With Maxim Australia Cover Girl
- Zac Stacy’s Ex Girlfriend Drops Message Following Video of Her Getting Assaulted Goes Viral
- Awesemo DFS on Youtube
Deion Sanders led Jackson State to a decent 4-3 record in his opening season at the helm. But after a full offseason of recruiting, Sanders is now expected to take the program to new heights.
It seems like Sanders is letting his ego get the best of him here. I get it, he was a great NFL player. But to compare yourself to Nick Saban (the greatest college coach of all-time) after just one mediocre season in the SWAC is just ridiculous.
Regardless of the optics, I’m sure Nick Suss won’t be calling Deion Sanders by his first name during the next press conference.