Whether you like the guy or not, you simply gotta feel for Derek Carr right now.
His team has never properly built around his talents. And this season, the QB has had to endure his head coach leaving over a disturbing email leak. And now, one of his top receivers, Henry Ruggs, has been released after being charged with DUI leading to death from a Thursday incident.
Derek Carr was clearly distraught when speaking on the Henry Ruggs situation, revealing that he had just spoken to the receiver hours before the deadly crash.
Henry Ruggs Was Seeking Golf Tips From Derek Carr Right Before The Deadly Car Crashhttps://t.co/tHm8bJteVJ
— SideAction (@SideActionHQ) November 4, 2021
Derek Carr would go on to say later in the week that he still plans on being there for Henry Ruggs.
“He needs people to love him right now … If no one else will do it, I’ll do it.”
Derek Carr says he'll always be there for former teammate Henry Ruggs. pic.twitter.com/t3efYcNuaM
— SportsCenter (@SportsCenter) November 4, 2021
Trending from Side Action
- Rachel Bush Goes On Twitter Rant After The Bills Lost In OT To The Chiefs
- A-Rod’s New Girlfriend He Brought to Packers Playoff Game Has Been Identified
- Devin Booker’s Girlfriend Kendall Jenner Posts Tiny Bikini, Fur Boots in the Snow Epic Thirst Traps
- Ja Morant Being Linked to Drake’s 40 Year Old Ex Johanna Leia
- Dwyane Wade’s Baby Mama Aja Metoyer Threatens to Break the Internet
- Awesemo DFS on Youtube
Derek Carr echoed a similar sentient when speaking on Jon Gruden during his emails leak when the QB said that while he hates the “sin” he’ll always love the “man”.
Right now, Carr is put in the impossible situation of leading a football team through an incredibly difficult season. And through it all, his high character is showing.
Henry Ruggs might not be back in the NFL ever again. But even after his inexcusable mistake, Derek Carr is willing to help him through the hardships.