Derek Jeter had his long awaited day in Cooperstown for his Hall of Fame ceremony today. And he did not disappoint during his speech.
The always professional Jeter took to the big stage and performed, yet again, during his remarks where he looked back on his life and career and thanked as many people as he could.
During the speech, “The Captain” also couldn’t help but to throw some shade at the one and only member of the Baseball Writers’ Association of America who did not vote for him.
Derek Jeter: “Thank you to the baseball writers – all but one of you.”
— Bryan Hoch (@BryanHoch) September 8, 2021
Trending from Side Action
- Rachel Bush Goes On Twitter Rant After The Bills Lost In OT To The Chiefs
- A-Rod’s New Girlfriend He Brought to Packers Playoff Game Has Been Identified
- Devin Booker’s Girlfriend Kendall Jenner Posts Tiny Bikini, Fur Boots in the Snow Epic Thirst Traps
- Ja Morant Being Linked to Drake’s 40 Year Old Ex Johanna Leia
- Dwyane Wade’s Baby Mama Aja Metoyer Threatens to Break the Internet
- Awesemo DFS on Youtube
New York Yankees fans were swarming social media all day with Derek Jeter memories and stories. And he made sure to carve out a portion of his Hall of Fame speech to thank all the fans in The Bronx who cheered him on throughout his illustrious career.
“You helped me get here today as much as anyone I’ve mentioned,” Jeter said.. “You can’t be fooled. You demanded that I earned it. I wanted to prove to you I belonged and you kept pushing me over and over again. It’s been one of the greatest honors of my life.”
While Derek Jeter couldn’t match teammate Mariano Rivera by getting 100% of the Hall of Fame vote, I think he’ll sleep just fine tonight after a great ceremony in Cooperstown.