The sports community joined together to mourn the loss of former NFL receiver Vincent Jackson. Jackson was found dead in a Florida hotel, where he had been staying. He was just 38-years old.
While it will take some more time before we get all the details from Vincent Jackson’s investigation, the initial autopsy is showing signs that the receiver struggled with ‘chronic alcoholism.’
“It could be several weeks before we know what led to the untimely and tragic death of Vincent Jackson,” the Hillsborough County Sheriff’s Office said in a statement. “The Hillsborough County Medical Examiner’s Office continues to conduct a thorough investigation alongside the Hillsborough County Sheriff’s Office. Based on statements made by relatives of Jackson to detectives, his family had reason to believe he may have suffered from chronic alcoholism and concussions, however, the exact cause and manner of Mr. Jackson’s death will not be certain until his autopsy, among other reports, is complete.
- Gronk Goes to Disney World is the Most Clickable Headline of the Year
- Tom Brady is a Fanatic About Winning; Leonard Fournette Has Proof
- Mariota Reclamation Project in New England? Patriots Reportedly Eyeballing Quarterback
- Super Bowl Streaker Bet on Super Bowl Streaking
- Two Teams Reportedly Interested in Carson Wentz Trade
- Bronny James Reveals Torn Meniscus Diagnosis
- Courtside Karen in LeBron James Incident Apologizes via Instagram
- What Was Actually Said in LeBron James vs Courtside Karen Incident
While Vincent Jackson is leaving behind a wife and four kids, he had been staying at the Homewood Suites in Brandon, Florida for “over a month”.
It certainly sounds like Vincent Jackson had some demons he was dealing with prior to his death. This has been a theme with former NFL players in the past. Hopefully we can create a better system where former players (who may be dealing with brain damage and/or CTE) don’t feel helpless.
RIP to Vincent Jackson.