Dez Bryant is back. After a long time away from the NFL, the once All-Star receiver will be active for the Baltimore Ravens for their game tomorrow.
The Ravens have elevated Dez Bryant to the active roster for tomorrow's game vs. the Titans. Another shot for Dez on Sunday.
— Field Yates (@FieldYates) November 21, 2020
- Steph Curry and Other NBA Stars Send Uplifting Messages to Klay Thompson
- Deleted Scene from “The Last Dance” Leaked Online
- Did LaVar Ball Swing the Election for Joe Biden? LaVar Ball Thinks So
- Floyd Mayweather Claps Back at Logan Paul Ahead of Potential Exhibition Bout
- What Does Johnny Manziel Have to Say in His DMs?
- Is Theo Epstein Switching Sports? Why Bears Could Lure Former Cubs GM
It has been a long road back for Dez Bryant. The 31-year old has not played a snap since 2017 with the Dallas Cowboys. The New Orleans Saints signed Bryant for the 2018 season, but a torn achilles had him sidelined for the entire year. Bryant has not made it back since.
Dez Bryant was one of the most successful wide receivers of the past decade. He had 7,459 receiving yards and 73 touchdowns on 531 receptions in eight seasons with the Cowboys from 2010-17. Now, Dez will not only have the opportunity to play in the NFL again, but he’ll have a chance to make a real impact.
The Baltimore Ravens need a spark on offense, badly. Could the veteran wide receiver be that spark? Time will tell. However, the Ravens were considered favorites to win the Super Bowl prior to the season, and things have been a little shaky for the team. Their struggles culminated into a disappointing loss to the New England Patriots last week.
Lamar Jackson does not look like the same player that won the MVP last year. Bottom line is this: Baltimore has to right the ship in a hurry. Maybe Dez Bryant can help them get back into the right direction. I know he will cherish a shot at redemption.