Former NFL coach Dick Vermeil has found a way to get the spotlight back on himself. The 84-year-old Vermeil talked to TMZ about the Deshaun Watson situation, and didn’t hold back from roasting the superstar quarterback.
“Well I think they change his diapers. Nowhere in his contract does it say that he’s involved in making the decisions who coaches and who leads the organization. And I think that when players get outside their role of what they really are, he’s a great NFL football player and has always been a great kid, but I think he shuts his mouth and becomes a better football player and leads the football team and let the leaders of the organization lead him.
…I just don’t see him playing anywhere else and I see him calming down and maturing a little bit and go be a good football player and earn the money they’re paying him,” Vermeil said.
- Johnny Manziel Was Barred from XFL by Vince McMahon
- Von Miller’s Awful Texts Exposed by Ex
- What Did Deshaun Watson’s Agent Tweet That Got Deleted So Quickly?
- Jaylen Brown Exposes Embarrassing Video of Rookie Payton Pritchard
- Kyrie Irving “Just Didn’t Want to Play” in Latest Twist
- Dan Le Batard Says An Emotional Goodbye to ESPN
- Paige Spiranac Takes a Shot at Notre Dame
- ESPN Falls for Fake Schefter Account
Dick Vermeil has not coached in the NFL since 2005, and he was probably a little out of touch then. Deshaun Watson has one chance to make an NFL career for himself. That’s it. If I’m Deshaun Watson I’m doing everything in my power to make sure that I win a Super Bowl during my time in the league. If that means getting out of Houston, then so be it.
Dick Vermeil needs to crawl back into his hole and let Deshaun Watson make his own decisions.