It looks like tonight was the last time we’ll see New Orleans Saints quarterback Drew Brees play NFL football. It was reported earlier today that Brees was planning on hanging it up after the season.
— Jay Glazer (@JayGlazer) January 17, 2021
Unfortunately for Drew Brees and the Saints, the last game he played in the Superdome was a playoff loss at the hands of Tom Brady and the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. Brees was noticeably emotional after the game, as he was seen blowing kisses to the crowd on his way to the tunnel.
.@drewbrees walks off the field at the Superdome.
— #DivisionalRound on NBC (@SNFonNBC) January 18, 2021
Drew Brees also shared a moment with backup quarterback Jameis Winston. If you’re a good lip reader, it sure looks like Brees tells Winston, “this is your team now”.
“This is your team now” pic.twitter.com/eQp0RT29hT
— Barstool Sports (@barstoolsports) January 18, 2021
- James and the Giant Tax Bill; Harden to Pay $13M After Trade
- Colin Cowherd Wants Nick Saban to Get an NFL Head Coaching Gig
- Jimmy Butler Peer Pressured into Drinking Wine for the First Time
- Watch the Emotional Moment on Steelers Bench Following Playoff Loss
- Man Smashes His Own Television After Engaging Steelers Loss
- Superstar Third Baseman on the Trade Market?
- Johnny Manziel Was Barred from XFL by Vince McMahon
If this is it for Drew Brees, the man has nothing to hang his head about. He had one hell of a career, and will be first ballot HOFer when that time comes. Brees was the ultimate underdog. Coming out of college people said he was too small, or that he didn’t have the arm strength. Nonetheless, Brees persevered and turned himself into one of the greatest QBs of all-time.
As it stands, Brees holds the record NFL records for passing yards, TD passes, and completions. However, Tom Brady ranks second in all of those categories, and doesn’t seem to be going away anytime soon.
If the Saints do decide to move forward with Jameis Winston as their quarterback, he will have huge shoes to fill.