The subway series is in full swing as the New York Mets were in town to play the New York Yankees this weekend and it ended with a bang.
The race for the playoffs is in full swing with the Yankees sitting a half game out of the wild card game and the Mets are 3.5 games back of the wild card game coming in to their game Sunday night.
The two teams had split their first two games of the series with the Mets winning 10-3 on Friday and the Yankees winning 8-7 on Saturday night. Sunday night featured even more fireworks.
In the top of the 7th inning, with one man on, Giancarlo Stanton took a pitch out of the park to tie the game at 6. As he was slowly making his way around the bases, Stanton and Javier Baez exchanged words which lead to the dugouts clearing.
Here is how it all went down:
This New York tussle probably started with Stanton saying something like “I’m walkin’ here!! I’m walkin’!” pic.twitter.com/W2h8TuQvc0
— Korked Bats (@korkedbats) September 13, 2021
Trending from Side Action
- Rachel Bush Goes On Twitter Rant After The Bills Lost In OT To The Chiefs
- A-Rod’s New Girlfriend He Brought to Packers Playoff Game Has Been Identified
- Devin Booker’s Girlfriend Kendall Jenner Posts Tiny Bikini, Fur Boots in the Snow Epic Thirst Traps
- Ja Morant Being Linked to Drake’s 40 Year Old Ex Johanna Leia
- Dwyane Wade’s Baby Mama Aja Metoyer Threatens to Break the Internet
- Awesemo DFS on Youtube
The chippiness continued after Stanton finished rounding the bases as Baez motioned for him to come over and “talk”. Umpires had to step in between players to stop the tussle from growing.
Players and coaches stayed on the field for a couple seconds to “talk” it out, but then the game continued.