Eli Manning is sorry for flipping America the double birds. During an interview with former NFL defensive end Chris Long in the fourth quarter of Monday’s game between the Philadelphia Eagles and Dallas Cowboys, Eli Manning, no stranger to the NFC East fan bases, described his past run-ins with the Eagles’ infamous fans.
While Eli began telling a story of a 9-year-old giving him the double bird, his older brother Peyton egged on his little brother to throw out both middle fingers, which Eli did.
Eli: “You’re getting the double bird right away from a 9-year-old kid.”
Peyton: “Do it, do it.”
Eli: “I would give the bird — I don’t know, can we do that? I’m sure you can blur that out, right?”
— SideAction (@SideActionHQ) September 28, 2021
Trending from Side Action
- Zion Williamson Trending For His Not So Flattering 2021 Media Day Pic
- Jon Gruden Reportedly Received Images Of Washington Football Team’s Cheerleaders Being Forced To Pose Topless
- Eagles Fans Arrested During Panthers Game For ‘Sex in The Bathroom Stall’
- NBA Player And ‘Cooking Star’ Wife Headed For Divorce According to TikTok
- Jon Gruden Under Fire For Seemingly Racist Email
- Awesemo DFS on Youtube
ESPN couldn’t remove the two finger salute from live television.
One commercial break later, Eli was apologizing to the audience for flipping them off, to the entertainment of Long.
Peyton also apologized for egging Eli on.
See the apology below:
Eli Manning apologizes for the double bird while Chris Long laughs through it. pic.twitter.com/s5kLwXS6zZ
— Awful Announcing (@awfulannouncing) September 28, 2021
And Eli is supposed to be America’s sweetheart.
If anyone can do this and there’s no ill will, it’s Eli Fricking Manning.