Tom Brady was so close to a perfect season in 2007. The dominant Patriots rolled through the regular season, postseason, and only had Eli Manning and the New York Giants in their way of being the first team since the 1972 Dolphins to complete the perfect season. Of course, Manning pulled off the upset, and the rest was history.
That loss still eats away at Tom Brady, and he even revealed that he would trade not one, but two Super Bowl Championships in order to have a perfect season.
If @TomBrady had it his way, he'd only be a six-time Super Bowl champ…
But he'd have that perfect 19-0 season under his belt. pic.twitter.com/7gNynAKMqM
— Sunday Night Football on NBC (@SNFonNBC) May 3, 2021
Eli Manning took to his Twitter on Tuesday afternoon to share his response to Brady’s claim.
— Eli Manning (@EliManning) May 4, 2021
Trending from Side Action
- Wild Fights Break Out In The Stands At UFC 262
- All It Took Was One Punch For This Padres Fan To Knock Out A Rockies Fan On Wednesday
- Ayesha Curry Shows Off Her Old Breast Implants
- Floyd Mayweather Threatens to Kill Logan Paul Following Their Press Conference
- Serena Williams Was Trending For Her Different Looking Face
- Awesemo DFS on Youtube
Eli Manning took down Tom Brady and the Patriots in both of his Super Bowl victories with the Giants.
While Manning is now retired, Tom Brady continues to play at an elite level into his old age. Could next year be the year Tom Brady pulls off the unthinkable, and completes a perfect season?
Probably not, but who are we to doubt the GOAT?