Tom Brady doesn’t like losing. Actually, he f**king hates it. It’s part of what makes him so great, and part of why his competitive fire is still burning at 43-years-old. He also doesn’t lose very much. That is, unless he’s playing against Eli Manning.
Manning famously beat Brady in each of his two Super Bowl victories with the New York Giants. According to Manning, Brady still brings up those losses when they cross paths.
“It’s one of those things, it’s not something I ever say or ever think a lot about,’’ Manning told the New York Post. “I’ve been around Tom numerous times, and I’ve never brought up a Super Bowl or our games versus them. He actually brings it up. It still bothers him a little bit, especially the ’07 one when they had the chance to go down as the greatest team of all time. But I don’t have any bragging rights with Tom. This is his 10th Super Bowl, and I’m so impressed with his whole career.’’
Eli manning went on to praise Tom Brady, and says that he doesn’t having bragging rights on the GOAT.
“It’s really impressive what Tom’s been able to do,’’ Manning said. “Just the fact, changing teams after 20 years, with one team where you’ve had so much success and going to a new team, new city, new state during a pandemic, where you have a shortened off-season and different rules and kind of get the same results. Getting back to a Super Bowl, at age 43, yeah, it’s so impressive. It was hard to think that was going to be possible. He’s obviously got a special demeanor and a special ability to get guys to rally around him.’’
Tom Brady could probably win 20 Super Bowls, and he would still get irked thinking about how Eli Manning beat him two times. It’s just how he’s wired.
- Bernie Sanders Meme Enters the Sports World
- Super Bowl Outcome Already Known? Former Running Back Larry Johnson Thinks So
- MLB Might Finally Delay Spring Training But Now Players Are Angry
- Floyd Mayweather Has Some Harsh Words for Conor McGregor
- Bruce Arians Fires Shot Across Patriots’ Bow
- Did MJ Cut Anthony Anderson Off Following Golf Defeat?
- Peyton Manning to Play Key Role in Tennessee Alma Mater’s Search for Head Coach