It never really seemed like Odell Beckham Jr. and Eli Manning were particularly tight during their time together with the Giants. But I guess that perception may not be fully true.
Even as Eli’s now retired, he admitted that he speaks to OBJ still from time-to-time. In fact, according to Manning, the two even spoke following the receiver’s release from the Browns last week.
During the Manning brothers’ alternate MNF broadcast, Eli Manning gave some insight on what OBJ’s mindset is as he played his first game as a member of the Rams.
“He knows he needs to get back to playing football, playing good football and doing the things that he’s been able to do over the last couple years. And that’s making plays,” Manning said of Beckham, via Madelyn Burke.
Eli drops a nugget: he's been talking with Odell a little bit this week. That's … unexpected.
— Art Stapleton (@art_stapleton) November 16, 2021
Trending from Side Action
- Video of Texans Fans Having Sexual Activity Under Their Ponchos Goes Viral
- Faceless NSFW Chargers Fan Shows Off Thong After Sunday Night Football Win
- Antonio Brown’s Girlfriend Cydney Moreau Trending After Texts Show She Offered to Pay for Vaccine Card
- Mike Zimmer Spotted With Maxim Australia Cover Girl
- Zac Stacy’s Ex Girlfriend Drops Message Following Video of Her Getting Assaulted Goes Viral
- Awesemo DFS on Youtube
Now, it’s possible that Eli Manning was just talking with Odell Beckham Jr to prepare for the Monday Night Football broadcast. But it also feels like the allure of the whole ESPN2 telecast is that there isn’t much preparation going into it, and you just have a couple guys spitballing with some cool guests.
Eli and OBJ have traded some subtle shots through the media since their days with the Giants. But now that Odell has seen some other QBs, maybe he’s finally realizing that Manning wasn’t so bad, after all.
Time will tell if Matthew Stafford can get as much out of Odell Beckham Jr. as Eli Manning was able to.