Chicago White Sox slugger Eloy Jimenez has been heavily scrutinized for his defense, and rightfully so. Eloy constantly puts himself and the team in danger while playing the field.
Jimenez’s shotty defense was on full display during Wednesday’s Spring training game, when Eloy got hurt trying to rob a home run.
Eloy Jimenez’s Defense Is In Question Again After He Got Hurt Trying To Rob A Home Runhttps://t.co/mJlYrrpzus
— SideAction (@SideActionHQ) March 25, 2021
Bad news may have just gotten worse for White Sox fans. It appears that Eloy Jimenez’s injury could be serious.
I am being told Eloy Jimenez's injury is serious, and that he may miss significant time. #WhiteSox
— Dan Bernstein (@dan_bernstein) March 25, 2021
MLB Network’s Jim Duquette says he’s hearing that Eloy Jimenez has a torn pectoral, which would leave him sidelined for around 6 months.
Hearing the news on CWS outfielder Eloy Jimenez is not good. Could be out most of the summer (5-6 months) with a torn pectoral @MLBNetworkRadio
— Jim Duquette (@Jim_Duquette) March 25, 2021
Trending from Side Action
- LeBron James Under Fire After Tweeting ‘You’re Next’ At Ohio Cop Who Killed Teen
- Kim Kardashian Already Being Linked to An Athlete
- Deshaun Watson’s Girlfriend Jilly Anais Posts First Picture of Watson Since Scandal Broke
- Twitter Reacts To Patrick Mahomes’ Fiancé Brittany Matthews’ Hot Outfit
- Tiger Woods’ Girlfriend Erica Herman Has Been a Huge Part of his Recovery
- Awesemo DFS on Youtube
This is just terrible news for a White Sox team that was hoping to be a perennial contender in 2021.
Hopefully Eloy Jimenez heals quickly. Something tells me he’ll be relegated to the DH role whenever he does return to the Sox.