Boston Celtic, Enes Kanter, 29, who is set to become a United States citizen on Monday, let everyone know that he is officially changing his name to Enes Kanter Freedom.
Kanter has let the Athletic know that he is legally changing his name to Enes Kanter Freedom with Kanter becoming his middle name and Freedom becoming his last name.
Boston Celtics center Enes Kanter is legally changing his name to Enes Kanter Freedom, @TheAthletic @Stadium learned. Kanter will be his middle name, Freedom is his new last name. He becomes a U.S. citizen on Monday.
— Shams Charania (@ShamsCharania) November 28, 2021
Kanter has been very public about his issues with the Turkish government. He has also used personalized clothing to criticize China’s treatment of Uyghur treatment.
Trending from Side Action
- Rachel Bush Goes On Twitter Rant After The Bills Lost In OT To The Chiefs
- A-Rod’s New Girlfriend He Brought to Packers Playoff Game Has Been Identified
- Devin Booker’s Girlfriend Kendall Jenner Posts Tiny Bikini, Fur Boots in the Snow Epic Thirst Traps
- Ja Morant Being Linked to Drake’s 40 Year Old Ex Johanna Leia
- Dwyane Wade’s Baby Mama Aja Metoyer Threatens to Break the Internet
- Awesemo DFS on Youtube
In a recent interview with CNN, Kanter went as far as to suggest that athletes should boycott the 2022 Beijing Winter Olympics.
China was not pleased with the comments and subsequently pulled Boston Celtics games from from Chinese streaming platforms.
Kanter has just appeared in 9 games this season for the Celtics averaging just over 4 points and 5 rebounds in those appearances.