What a way to finish the season.
Mike Shildt was named a finalist for the NL Manager of the Year award on Monday, just a few weeks after the Cardinals fired him following an early playoff exit.
His fellow finalists: Gabe Kapler, still with the San Francisco Giants, and Craig Counsell, still with the Milwaukee Brewers.
Trending from Side Action
- Video of Texans Fans Having Sexual Activity Under Their Ponchos Goes Viral
- Faceless NSFW Chargers Fan Shows Off Thong After Sunday Night Football Win
- Antonio Brown’s Girlfriend Cydney Moreau Trending After Texts Show She Offered to Pay for Vaccine Card
- Mike Zimmer Spotted With Maxim Australia Cover Girl
- Zac Stacy’s Ex Girlfriend Drops Message Following Video of Her Getting Assaulted Goes Viral
- Awesemo DFS on Youtube
Your NL Manager of the Year finalists.
Which skipper earned this award? pic.twitter.com/esPGEWeXlU
— MLB (@MLB) November 9, 2021
The Cardinals were held to one run and walked off by the Los Angeles Dodgers in the NL wild-card game, and suddenly the season ended up being a failure.
Being a Major League manager is not easy. The expectations are often unrealistic. You can be nominated for Manager of the Year and still get canned.
Back in the day all you had to do is get your team to win.
Now you have to get them to the promised land or else you’re on the hot seat.
There’s not much job security in that…