Josep Maria Bartomeu is currently cooling off in police net.
As per reports emerging from the Spanish media, the former Barcelona president was picked up alongside a number of the team’s officials yesterday over the ongoing investigation regarding the so-called Barçagate scandal.
BREAKING: Former Barcelona president Josep Maria Bartomeu has been arrested as part of a fresh investigation into ‘Barcagate’ at Camp Nou, Goal can confirm. pic.twitter.com/wssGtiB5ea
— Goal (@goal) March 1, 2021
**1 Week FREE Awesemo Soccer**
Do you love fantasy EPL? Give EPL daily fantasy a shot! We’re giving you a FREE week of the Awesemo+ Soccer Weekly Pass when you use promo code FREEKICK. With the Awesemo+ Soccer Weekly Pass, you get the Awesemo’s fantasy point projections, expert chat, a myriad of data and tools, and much more for EPL & UCL DFS. Use promo code FREEKICK before time runs out.
The Camp Nou club have spoken up since their former president was arrested, and has insisted they ‘have great respect for the judicial process in place and for the principle of presumed innocence for the people affected within the remit of this investigation’.
Bartomeu courted controversy more often than not during his time at the helm of Barcelona. The case of alleged tax fraud over the signing of Neymar, and he was set to be arraigned at that time.
He could have it real tough this time around. Not sure why the club, or Bartomeu would hire social media companies to publicly discredit staff and players, but there you have it.
- Gronk Goes to Disney World is the Most Clickable Headline of the Year
- Tom Brady is a Fanatic About Winning; Leonard Fournette Has Proof
- Mariota Reclamation Project in New England? Patriots Reportedly Eyeballing Quarterback
- Super Bowl Streaker Bet on Super Bowl Streaking
- Two Teams Reportedly Interested in Carson Wentz Trade
- Bronny James Reveals Torn Meniscus Diagnosis
- Courtside Karen in LeBron James Incident Apologizes via Instagram
- What Was Actually Said in LeBron James vs Courtside Karen Incident