The two-time Major Champion, Angel Cabrera, is in hot water after being extradited back to Argentina to face charges of domestic abuse. Cabrera, 51, was arrested in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, at the beginning of the year and was transferred in to Argentine custody earlier this week.
The women accusing Cabrera include two ex-girlfriends and his ex-wife.
Golf Champ Angel Cabrera Extradited to Argentina, Accused of Assaulting 3 Womenhttps://t.co/DPeBDjqQHk
— TMZ Sports (@TMZ_Sports) June 9, 2021
Cabrera had been on the run since August 2020 after missing a meeting with prosecutors in Cordoba after his partner Cecilia Torres Mana accused him of hitting her.
Trending from Side Action
- Nick Bosa’s Girlfriend Deletes Twitter After Her Old Racist, Gay Slur Tweets Exposed
- Instagram Model Morgan Davis Calls Out Zion Williamson For Sliding into Her DM’s
- NBA Lottery Pick Josh Giddey Being Linked to Kylie Jenner
- Alvin Kamara Spotted With Dwight Howard’s Ex Te’a Cooper
- Michael Blackson Calls Out Ben Simmons For Sliding Into His Girlfriend’s DM’s
- Awesemo DFS on Youtube
Cabrera’s attorney, Carlos Hairabedian, told TN Todo Noticias, “The accusations come from long ago … and he was not in jail because the facts attributed to him are insignificant. They are light injuries.”
There’s nothing like saying, “oh they weren’t that bad!” as your defense!
Cabrera won the U.S. Open in 2007 and followed it up with a Masters win in 2009. Cabrera last played professional golf in 2020 and has 52 tournament wins to his name.
His trial is expected to begin at the start of July.