Former NSCAR star Carl Edwards is being heavily rumored to be seeking a vacant Senate seat in Missouri.
Jason Hancock of the Missouri Independent listed a handful of potential candidates for the Senate seat before mentioning that Carl Edwards’ name continues to come up.
“Another name coming up a lot this morning,” Hancock started in the tweet. “Retired NASCAR driver Carl Edwards. He was among those who publicly considered a run in 2018 against then-U.S. Sen. Claire McCaskill,” Edwards said in a tweet.
Another name coming up a lot this morning:
Retired NASCAR driver Carl Edwards
— Jason Hancock (@J_Hancock) March 8, 2021
Trending from Side Action
- Video of Texans Fans Having Sexual Activity Under Their Ponchos Goes Viral
- Faceless NSFW Chargers Fan Shows Off Thong After Sunday Night Football Win
- Antonio Brown’s Girlfriend Cydney Moreau Trending After Texts Show She Offered to Pay for Vaccine Card
- Mike Zimmer Spotted With Maxim Australia Cover Girl
- Zac Stacy’s Ex Girlfriend Drops Message Following Video of Her Getting Assaulted Goes Viral
- Awesemo DFS on Youtube
Carl Edwards decided against running for office in 2018, but didn’t completely close the book on the possibility of a future in politics.
“I believe in America, and I believe that the Constitution is the set of rules that let us have all this success and this freedom,” Edwards told SiriusXM Radio in 2018. “And I think, like anyone, I care about that being there for generations to come. So yeah, if sometime in the future, there’s a chance for me to help that cause – to try to lend some assistance to not letting us get off track – then heck yeah, I’d consider it. But no, there’s no campaign started. I am not going to be doing anything anytime soon.”
We’ll see if Carl Edwards ends up making a push for political office. He was certainly one of the most popular NASCAR drivers when he ran. However, he mysteriously retired mid-season in 2017, and has kept his life pretty private ever since.