Wide receiver Golden Tate has been a bit of a diva all year long. His feud with the New York Giants organization has been put on display for the whole world to see.
When Tate caught a touchdown in the Giants-Bucs game two weeks ago, he yelled “throw me the damn ball” into the camera. This was just the latest example of a number of instances of the receiver making it very clear that he is unhappy in New York. Today, he finally apologized.
"I was wrong to draw attention to myself and I take full responsibility for that."
– Giants WR Golden Tate
— Ralph Vacchiano (@RVacchianoSNY) November 13, 2020
What Did You Miss on Sideaction This Week?
- It Should Be No Surprise to See the Late Kobe Bryant on This Celebrity List
- CeeDee Lamb’s Girlfriend Has Some Questions to Answer About a Certain Direct Message
- Deleted Scene from “The Last Dance” Leaked Online
- Bill Belichick Defends Dismal Draft Day History
- Victor Oladipo’s Twin Sister Has Issues with Myles Turner
- Rick Pitino is Worried About College Basketball Season
- Are These Two NBA Stars Basically Switching Places This Offseason?
“I was wrong to draw attention to myself and I take full responsibility for that,” Tate said during a recorded statement.
On top of all of Golden Tate’s talk, his wife publicly called out the team on Instagram saying “Ain’t no way this BS gonna hurt his stats this yr bc he doesn’t get targets. FEED HIM THE BALL.” Nothing like being a team player during a challenging season.
New York Giants first year head coach Joe Judge benched Tate during last week’s game. Despite that, it appears the veteran receiver will be back in a Giants jersey this weekend.
Tate figured to be one of Daniel Jones’ main targets this season, but it hasn’t gone quite that way. He has just 22 catches for 226 yards and 2 TDS. Not exactly Pro Bowl stuff from an aging Golden Tate.