Every so often it’s great to post an uplifting story. TJ Olsen, the 8-year-old son of former Carolina Panthers tight end Greg Olsen, gave fans a very uplifting update following undergoing a heart transplant. Last week his father revealed they found a donor match, which would mean he’d be having surgery shortly thereafter.
Greg Olsen’s Son TJ Has Found A Donor Match For His Heart Transplanthttps://t.co/03HimQsDOa
— SideAction (@SideActionHQ) June 4, 2021
Trending from Side Action
- Did Floyd Mayweather Hold Up Logan Paul To Avoid A Knockout?
- Lana Rhoades Brooklyn Nets Date Points to Kevin Durant
- Porn Star Lana Rhoades Says Nets Player Hooked Her Up with Private Suite for Playoff Game
- Natalie Buffet Praises Boyfriend Dak Prescott Opening Up About Mental Health
- Justin Herbert Reportedly in a Low Key Relationship with NFL Network’s Taylor Bisciotti
- Awesemo DFS on Youtube
Over the weekend the transplant took place.
Olsen shared a Twitter video of T.J. thanking fans for prayers and sending love to them on Monday, days after the surgery.
“Hey everybody,” TJ said. “Thank you for thinking of me. Thank you for praying with me.”
Someone has an update pic.twitter.com/L1Zk2AgHpd
— Greg Olsen (@gregolsen88) June 7, 2021
“His road to recovery has begun,” Olsen wrote on Twitter.
We also want to ask that everyone takes a second to pray for our donor family. Their selflessness during a tragic time gave our boy a chance at life. We don’t know who they are, but we will forever be grateful for everyday we get to have with Tj
❤️ Olsen Family
— Greg Olsen (@gregolsen88) June 4, 2021
He had lived with a modified heart for his first eight years, but that heart “is reaching its end,” Olsen wrote on May 24.
Hopefully T.J. will live a totally normal life moving forward. This kid deserves a break from hospitals.