First-year head coach Stephen Silas got dealt a rough hand with the Houston Rockets. Russell Westbrook and James Harden were both demanding trades prior to the start of the season. While Westbrook inevitably got traded, Harden remained in Houston and continued to stir the pot for his new head coach. Stephen Silas is yet to record his first win as the head coach of the Houston Rockets, however, he may be starting to win over James Harden.
- Is Steve Kerr Trolling Steph Curry Over His Shooting Prowess?
- Kyle Shanahan Addresses Rumors About Jimmy Garoppolo’s 2021 Status
- Yu Darvish Rumored to be Headed to Padres in Trade
- Dwayne Haskins Drawing Comparisons to Josh Rosen After Football Team Cuts Him
- JuJu’s Mom is Getting Death Threats Because He Dances on Opposing Logos
- James Harden Adds Two Teams to His Trade Wishlist
- Titans Place Linebacker on Injury List for a Bad Haircut
James Harden complimented Stephen Silas after the Rockets 124-111 loss to the Denver Nuggets on Monday night.
“He did a great job,” James Harden said. “Very confident, knew what he was drawing up and knew where to put his guys at.”
It was clear that Stephen Silas appreciated the praise from his all-star guard.
“It means a lot when any player says that they like what you do, especially as a new head coach,” he said. “A lot of the things I’m doing are things I believe in and have seen. But until you do that, to get feedback from him and the other guys have been gratifying.”
Despite the tumult, Silas spoke positively of James Harden’s commitment since making his late return to the Rockets.
“He has been committed since he’s been here,” Silas said. “He’s been great in practice, good to talk to and listening, asking good questions, pulling me to the side and telling me things he sees.”
Stephen Silas and the Rockets have yet to appease James Harden’s trade wishes. Maybe they have decided that the best thing to do is to make peace with Harden and utilize his superstar talents moving forward. Whatever the case, it is nice to see Stephen Silas and James Harden speaking positively of each other.