Former Georgia running back and Heisman Trophy winner Herschel Walker has hinted at making a run for Senate in the past. And has received the support of his friend and ally, Donald Trump.
“Wouldn’t it be great if the legendary Herschel Walker ran for the United States Senate in Georgia?” Donald Trump wrote in an official statement back in March. “He would be unstoppable, just like he was when he played for the Georgia Bulldogs, and in the NFL. He is also a GREAT person. Run, Herschel, Run!”
Donald Trump Calling For Herschel Walker To Run For Senatehttps://t.co/radMcjqVuh
— SideAction (@SideActionHQ) March 11, 2021
Well, it appears that Donald Trump will get his wish.
While Herschel Walker has not made any announcement, it was reported on Tuesday that he had filed for a run at a Senate seat in Georgia.
— Greg Bluestein (@bluestein) August 24, 2021
Trending from Side Action
- Video of Texans Fans Having Sexual Activity Under Their Ponchos Goes Viral
- Faceless NSFW Chargers Fan Shows Off Thong After Sunday Night Football Win
- Antonio Brown’s Girlfriend Cydney Moreau Trending After Texts Show She Offered to Pay for Vaccine Card
- Mike Zimmer Spotted With Maxim Australia Cover Girl
- Zac Stacy’s Ex Girlfriend Drops Message Following Video of Her Getting Assaulted Goes Viral
- Awesemo DFS on Youtube
Herschel Walker Makes It Official
From the AJC:
“Walker didn’t immediately comment, though he filed paperwork Tuesday with the Federal Election Commission establishing his candidacy and recently registered to vote in Georgia.”
Herschel Walker had been flirting with the idea for running for U.S. Senate for a while now. But fans weren’t sure if he was serious or not.
In the past, Walker has used his platform to share his Republican views. And I guess now he’s ready to make a real difference.
Herschel Walker will hope that the Bulldog fans still remember his Heisman season when they’re showing up to the polls in the future.