Quitters never win? Kurt Hines, the head coach at Coronado High School in Southern California, posted the short video on Twitter this week after one of his players quit the team. The video has been liked more than 28,000 times and retweeted more than 3,000 times. Rather than scold the player who quit, Hines said he respects the unnamed player for acknowledging he wasn’t enjoying the game anymore.
“I just had a young man come in and quit and I truly could not be happier,” Hines said. “This young man was struggling all season with making it to practice, with committing. Never looked happy. [He has] some stuff going on.”
Just had a young man come in before practice and quit, and I couldn’t be happier! pic.twitter.com/P0zsmbUQzU
— Coach Hines 🇺🇸 (@CoachKurtHines) September 15, 2021
Trending from Side Action
- Houston Astros Now Being Accused of Cheating with Whistling
- More Urban Meyer at the Bar Video, Sext Messages With Cayman Nebraska Rumors Surface
- Jerry Jones Goes Viral For Kissing His Son On the Lips Following Overtime Win Against the Patriots
- Zion Williamson Trending For His Not So Flattering 2021 Media Day Pic
- Jon Gruden Reportedly Received Images Of Washington Football Team’s Cheerleaders Being Forced To Pose Topless
- Awesemo DFS on Youtube
Hines shook the unnamed player’s hand and asked the player to sit down for a minute.
“He started to explain how his family has always been a football family,” Hines said. “They’ve always loved it, my father, my brother. I stopped him and asked him, ‘Do you love it?’”
Hines said the player took a deep sigh of relief. “No,” the player said.
“I’m so proud of you,” Hines told him.
“I saw his whole countenance change. He was smiling from ear to ear,” Hines said. “I said you’re doing the right thing. Football is not for everyone. I couldn’t be happier. Coaches, support your players if they want to be great. And If they want to be great in something other than football, support them just the same.”
I’m guessing if Hines felt the player could help the team, he wouldn’t be so happy about him quitting.
Sounds like he was relieved the player quit…