J.J. Watt is one of the biggest storylines of the NFL offseason.
The veteran defensive lineman was granted his release from the Houston Texans amid their rebuild. Watt is entering the twilight of his career, and wants to join a contender. According to ESPN’s John Clayton, he has narrowed his list of potential teams down to three, with a dark-horse in the mix.
Those three teams are the Packers, Bills and Titans. The long shot being the Las Vegas Raiders.
.@JohnClaytonNFL says JJ Watt won't be coming to Pittsburgh. Tennessee, Green Bay, and Buffalo are the 3 teams. Raiders as a dark horse.
— Andrew Fillipponi (@ThePoniExpress) February 24, 2021
- Gronk Goes to Disney World is the Most Clickable Headline of the Year
- Tom Brady is a Fanatic About Winning; Leonard Fournette Has Proof
- Mariota Reclamation Project in New England? Patriots Reportedly Eyeballing Quarterback
- Super Bowl Streaker Bet on Super Bowl Streaking
- Two Teams Reportedly Interested in Carson Wentz Trade
- Bronny James Reveals Torn Meniscus Diagnosis
- Courtside Karen in LeBron James Incident Apologizes via Instagram
- What Was Actually Said in LeBron James vs Courtside Karen Incident
At one point the Cleveland Browns were considered a front-runner to land J.J. Watt, but it appears their pursuit of the pass rusher has stalled.
To me, J.J. Watt makes the most sense with the Green Bay Packers. Watt grew up a Packers fan, and would be instantly adored at Lambeau Field. The Packers could also use to make a move that shows Aaron Rodgers that “we’re going all-in”. J.J. Watt could be that splash.
Who knows, maybe J.J. Watt would even consider taking a hometown discount to go play in Green Bay. Winning a ring with the team you grew up rooting for… it doesn’t really get any better than that. That’s the image the Packers’ brass should be selling to J.J. Watt.