Is Jeff Bezos finally getting into the NFL Biz? It’s been reported the minority owners of the Washington Football Team are looking to sell their share of the team. This has apparently drew some interest from Amazon founder and CEO Jeff Bezos. According to a report from Front Office Sports, Bezos spoke with Moag & Company, the investment banking firm that’s handling the sale of the minority stake, last July.
— A.J. Perez (@byajperez) February 22, 2021
- Gronk Goes to Disney World is the Most Clickable Headline of the Year
- Tom Brady is a Fanatic About Winning; Leonard Fournette Has Proof
- Mariota Reclamation Project in New England? Patriots Reportedly Eyeballing Quarterback
- Super Bowl Streaker Bet on Super Bowl Streaking
- Two Teams Reportedly Interested in Carson Wentz Trade
- Bronny James Reveals Torn Meniscus Diagnosis
- Courtside Karen in LeBron James Incident Apologizes via Instagram
- What Was Actually Said in LeBron James vs Courtside Karen Incident
Bezos has been linked to an NFL purchase in the past, but it never materialized.
According to PFT, it’s “well known” that Bezos wants to purchase an NFL team, saying that Bezos would be first in line to purchase the Washington Football Team should he have the opportunity to do so.
“There aren’t a lot of guys out there that can write a check that would be large enough to buy a team and also run the team,” Florio told 106.7 The Fan at the time. “But Jeff Bezos is the first name that’s gonna pop up.”
“It’s well known that he wants in,” Florio said, “and it’s well known that the owners of the other NFL teams wouldn’t mind having him in, given that he runs Amazon and given that it would be a hell of a lot easier to work out deals for the streaming rights to games if one of the guys that they’re a partner with is also the guy that runs Amazon.”
Bezos would be an exciting addition to the Billionaire Boys club, and God knows Washington could use a new owner.