It’s not everyday you see a Major Leaguer not have to use a glove to catch a baseball. Jesús Sánchez did that very feat, and now he joins the ultra-exclusive club last night by performing that feat on a fly ball down the right-field line. Did he put himself in a desperate situation by playing a routine chance into something extraordinary?
He sure did.
Watch the catch below:
JESUS SANCHEZ HIT A BOMB, THEN CAUGHT A BALL BARE-HANDED??? pic.twitter.com/qsGUhVFahM
— Fuzzy (@fuzzyfromyt) September 21, 2021
Jesus Sanchez just caught a fly ball with his bare hand. pic.twitter.com/FDhsb7xIwe
— Justin Groc (@justgroc) September 21, 2021
“I was just running really hard after the ball,” Sánchez said postgame. “I was trying to be very careful with the wall, and I was looking at the wall, looking at the ball, and then suddenly I looked at the ball and I passed the ball completely. I didn’t have any reach with my left hand, so I just pulled that right hand and suddenly I grabbed it.
Trending from Side Action
- Houston Astros Now Being Accused of Cheating with Whistling
- More Urban Meyer at the Bar Video, Sext Messages With Cayman Nebraska Rumors Surface
- Jerry Jones Goes Viral For Kissing His Son On the Lips Following Overtime Win Against the Patriots
- Zion Williamson Trending For His Not So Flattering 2021 Media Day Pic
- Jon Gruden Reportedly Received Images Of Washington Football Team’s Cheerleaders Being Forced To Pose Topless
- Awesemo DFS on Youtube
The 23-year-old Sanchez is one of 14 rookies on the Miami Marlins.
Now he’ll forever be linked with Kevin Mitchell.
It's Kevin Mitchell's birthday, so it gives us an excuse to post the time he caught a fly ball with his bare hand. pic.twitter.com/Rm6sOrYCTx
— Cut4 (@Cut4) January 13, 2019