Joc Pederson îs the hero in Atlanta as things currently stand.
In the fifth inning of a scoreless game, Braves manager Brian Snitker turned to Pederson as a pinch hitter with two men on.
Sure enough, Joc Pederson delivered in awesome fashion.
JOC PEDERSON GOES DEEP FOR THE BRAVES (-111 ML) 💥
— FanDuel Sportsbook (@FDSportsbook) October 11, 2021
Shorltly after sending Truist Park into a frenzy, the TBS broadcast team noticed a fun anecdote about the Joc Pederson home run: he was using former teammate Anthony Rizzo’s bat.
Joc Pederson was using Anthony Rizzo's bat for that home run! pic.twitter.com/jnlS4L2f9N
— Talkin’ Baseball (@TalkinBaseball_) October 11, 2021
Trending from Side Action
- Zion Williamson Trending For His Not So Flattering 2021 Media Day Pic
- Jon Gruden Reportedly Received Images Of Washington Football Team’s Cheerleaders Being Forced To Pose Topless
- Eagles Fans Arrested During Panthers Game For ‘Sex in The Bathroom Stall’
- NBA Player And ‘Cooking Star’ Wife Headed For Divorce According to TikTok
- Jon Gruden Under Fire For Seemingly Racist Email
- Awesemo DFS on Youtube
Joc Pederson and Anthony Rizzo were teammates during the first half of the season, as Pederson was acquired by the Cubs prior to the season.
But when things started to go south in Chicago, the Cubs went into full sell mode. They traded Rizzo and Pederson to go along with Javier Baez, Kris Bryant, Craig Kimbrel, etc.
Anthony Rizzo and the Yankees were sent packing when the Res Sox defeated them in the Wild Card Game. But the Cubs still have plenty of former players representing them in the playoffs. Pederson, Bryant and Kimbrel are all competing in the Divisional round of the postseason with their respective teams.
Joc Pederson will likely be using Anthony Rizzo’s lucky bat for the foreseeable future. And maybe he’ll even ask his former first baseman to send some more his way.