Houston Rockets guard John Wall proved tonight that he has plenty of ball left in the tank. After missing the entirety of last season due to injury, Wall was traded from Washington to Houston for Russell Westbrook in the offseason. Tonight, Wall’s Rockets faced off against his former squad, and he showed them what they’re missing out on.
John Wall dropped 24 points to go along with five assists in Houston’s 107-88 win over Washington on Tuesday night. After the game, Wall had something to say to the Wizards organization.
“I just feel like the organization thought I was done,” Wall said in a postgame interview. “No matter how much hard work I put in over the summer, they came and watched me — I though they thought I was done. That’s why I came out here and did what I did.”
John Wall on sticking it to the Wizards tonight "I just feel like the organization thought I was done…that's why I came out here and did what I did" pic.twitter.com/ttJ5j3TpUK
— gifdsports (@gifdsports) January 27, 2021
- Bernie Sanders Meme Enters the Sports World
- Super Bowl Outcome Already Known? Former Running Back Larry Johnson Thinks So
- MLB Might Finally Delay Spring Training But Now Players Are Angry
- Floyd Mayweather Has Some Harsh Words for Conor McGregor
- Bruce Arians Fires Shot Across Patriots’ Bow
- Did MJ Cut Anthony Anderson Off Following Golf Defeat?
- Peyton Manning to Play Key Role in Tennessee Alma Mater’s Search for Head Coach
John Wall came into the game with an extra edge, and it was on full display all night long. The Wizards just can’t seem to figure it out. They’ve had one of the best players in the league with Bradley Beal and have not been able to build a quality team around his talents.
I wonder if Beal was watching John Wall on Tuesday and thinking, “I gotta get out of Washington.” I certainly would be.