John Wall is about to make his return to the NBA after a lengthy injury kept him on the sidelines for the past two seasons. It was reported that John Wall didn’t want to return to the Washington Wizards, and requested a trade. Today, Wall was asked about that report.
— ABC 7 Sports (@ABC7Sports) November 24, 2020
“No comment,” Wall says. He then goes on to talk about how hard he has worked to get back into shape and how he feels he is prepared for the upcoming season.
- LaMelo Ball Knows Who Would Win if His Dad Lavar Played His New Boss Michael Jordan
- Is Anthony Davis Waiting on Giannis Before Making His Own Free Agency Decision?
- What Did Zeke Have to Say About Life With the Dallas Cowboys Organization?
- Caesar’s Reign: William Hill Investors Approve Bid By Casino Juggernaut At $3.69 Billion
- LeBron’s Epic Response to Resurfaced George Clooney Rumor
- NBA Players In Unprecedented Meeting With the Pope on Social Issues
That “no comment” was pretty interesting, though. It certainly seems like John Wall isn’t very happy to be playing with the Wizards. This comes a day after Wizards general manager Tommy Shepard tried to squash the John Wall trade rumor.
“No, he didn’t request [a trade],” Sheppard said via ESPN. “… John and I talk pretty much once every other day. And [I’ve] been to many of his workouts throughout the summer, we have always been on the same page, same wavelength. Same with Bradley [Beal].”
“There’s no issues with John and I. There’s no issues with John and the Wizards… No issue with anybody.”
John Wall didn’t exactly instill confidence in Washington Wizards fans that he wants to be with their team or one of the other 29 in the NBA with his “no comment” remark. We’ll see if this story escalates any further.