With the NFL season almost over, it’s time for more football. Not the XFL, but the fan controlled football league. The FCFL has its players arriving in its ‘Bubble’ in Georgia to prepare for the upcoming season. The season begins on February 13th. It’s biggest star, Johnny Manziel, has arrived.
- Bruce Arians Fires Shot Across Patriots’ Bow
- Did MJ Cut Anthony Anderson Off Following Golf Defeat?
- Peyton Manning to Play Key Role in Tennessee Alma Mater’s Search for Head Coach
- Tiger Tales: Rachel Uchitel Details Alleged Affair
- Surprise Team Showing Deshaun Watson Interest?
- James and the Giant Tax Bill; Harden to Pay $13M After Trade
- Colin Cowherd Wants Nick Saban to Get an NFL Head Coaching Gig
The 28-year-old QB arrived to his official team hotel in Gwinnett County, Georgia on Monday night where he’ll get ready for his debut in the Fan Controlled Football League.
As we previously reported, Manziel inked a deal to be the starting QB for the Zappers — a team co-owned by NY Mets pitcher Trevor May, Bob Menery and Ronnie2K.
The league, which kicks off on Feb. 13 — is a 7-on-7 full-contact football league where fans control everything from the uniforms, logos and the play calling.
The field is only 50 yards long with 10-yard end zones — which means this game is built for fast action and lots of scoring. All games will take place at a special facility in Atlanta.
League officials tell us … the FCF has “taken over” the hotel and have turned it into a “bubble” environment — with strict COVID protocols to keep everyone safe.
Johnny Football is back doing what he loves. Now if he can just get back to his party ways, we’ll really be in for a treat.
Definitely going to have to check out the FCFL.