Lads Vegas Raiders head coach Jon Gruden is the talk of the NFL tonight.
After the league revealed racist, homophobic, and misogynistic emails from Gruden’s account, it was announced that he was resigning from the Raiders.
Sports World Reacts To Jon Gruden Resigning After More Disturbing Emails Were Revealedhttps://t.co/DME00Uj2X0
— SideAction (@SideActionHQ) October 12, 2021
Later in the night, Jon Gruden wrote a statement after being outed for having some truly awful thoughts and messages.
I have resigned as Head Coach of the Las Vegas Raiders. I love the Raiders and do not want to be a distraction,” Gruden said in his statement. “Thank you to all the players, coaches, staff, and fans of Raider Nation. I’m sorry, I never meant to hurt anyone.”
Jon Gruden statement: “I have resigned as Head Coach of the Las Vegas Raiders. I love the Raiders and do not want to be a distraction. Thank you to all the players, coaches, staff, and fans of Raider Nation. I’m sorry, I never meant to hurt anyone.”
— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) October 12, 2021
Trending from Side Action
- More Urban Meyer at the Bar Video, Sext Messages With Cayman Nebraska Rumors Surface
- Jerry Jones Goes Viral For Kissing His Son On the Lips Following Overtime Win Against the Patriots
- Zion Williamson Trending For His Not So Flattering 2021 Media Day Pic
- Jon Gruden Reportedly Received Images Of Washington Football Team’s Cheerleaders Being Forced To Pose Topless
- Eagles Fans Arrested During Panthers Game For ‘Sex in The Bathroom Stall’
- Awesemo DFS on Youtube
Jon Gruden kept his statement short and to the point on Tuesday night. But I’d expect that we’ll continue to hear him try to explain himself for the coming days and weeks.
When Gruden was given one of the biggest coach contract in sports history prior to the 2018 season, it looked like a slam dunk for the franchise.
But after he failed to put a competitive team on the field, Jon Gruden now has this extreme baggage hanging over his name forever.
I’d be shocked if we ever see him again in the NFL.