Receiver JuJu Smith-Schuster surprised some people when he re-signed with the Pittsburgh Steelers. But that’s not to say the speedster didn’t have offers to go elsewhere.
JuJu wants fans to know that he was getting courted by Kansas City Chiefs head coach Andy Reid. Smith-Schuster said Reid wanted him so bad, that he was sending him pictures of the Lombardi Trophy to try to sway him.
“Andy Reid was just calling me and he was sending me Lombardi Trophy pictures, like constantly,” Smith-Schuster said on The Michael Irvin Podcast. “We had a good talk, so it would have been KC after the Steelers. Like, he texted [pictures] to me while I was trying to make a decision, and you know I have so much respect for him and his team, so yeah.”
Trending from Side Action
- LeBron James Under Fire After Tweeting ‘You’re Next’ At Ohio Cop Who Killed Teen
- Kim Kardashian Already Being Linked to An Athlete
- Deshaun Watson’s Girlfriend Jilly Anais Posts First Picture of Watson Since Scandal Broke
- Twitter Reacts To Patrick Mahomes’ Fiancé Brittany Matthews’ Hot Outfit
- Tiger Woods’ Girlfriend Erica Herman Has Been a Huge Part of his Recovery
- Awesemo DFS on Youtube
I wonder if this is something Andy Reid does with all of the free agents he wants, or if it was specific to JuJu. Nevertheless, the tactic didn’t end up working.
Oh well, Reid and the Chiefs figure to be a top contender, anyways. It would have been borderline unfair if JuJu Smith-Schuster joined Andy Reid, Patrick Mahomes, Travis Kelce, and that insanely potent Chiefs offense.
Fans will have to be left with dreams of what could have been. At least for now.