Is Julian Edelman going the Gronk route? When Julian Edelman joined NFL Network’s virtual Draft-A-Thon on Thursday night and Brady made a innocent joke about the wide receiver coming out retirement to join him on the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, everyone pretty much freaked out.
“We know Julian didn’t retire. Let’s be honest,” Brady said. “He’s just too scared to tell (Patriots head coach) Bill (Belichick) he wants to come to Tampa. I’ve been there.”
Brady’s remark sparked speculation about Edelman pulling a Gronk and unretiring to sign with the Bucs.
Trending from Side Action
- Floyd Mayweather Threatens to Kill Logan Paul Following Their Press Conference
- Serena Williams Was Trending For Her Different Looking Face
- LeBron Still Has Yet to Get the Vaccine
- PGA Villain Patrick Reed Landed His Wife, Justine, After He Was Ghosted By Her Sister
- Shailene Woodley Pregnancy Rumors Hit the Net
- Awesemo DFS on Youtube
Former NFL punter Pat McAfee added fuel to the fire, only to be shut down by Edelman himself Sunday on Twitter.
Ain’t going any where Bubs #foxboroforever
— Julian Edelman (@Edelman11) May 2, 2021
The 34-year-old also blamed injuries that forced him to retire.
Now of course he could take a year off, get his body right, and then want to play. But would he really be all that great as a 35 year old slot receiver?
Edelman wasn’t as young as Gronk was when he first called it quits.
Edelman is most likely done.