Andy Dalton, who the Chicago Bears signed as a free agent over the offseason, is currently the starting quarterback in preseason games. He’s also projected to start the season, which is already starting to annoy Bears fans. During this weekend’s game at Soldier Field fans were chanting “We want Fields!” during the first half while Dalton was under center leading the team against the Buffalo Bills.
The Chants were pretty damning.
— Bear Down Blog (@BearDown_Blog) August 21, 2021
Trending from Side Action
- Houston Astros Now Being Accused of Cheating with Whistling
- More Urban Meyer at the Bar Video, Sext Messages With Cayman Nebraska Rumors Surface
- Jerry Jones Goes Viral For Kissing His Son On the Lips Following Overtime Win Against the Patriots
- Zion Williamson Trending For His Not So Flattering 2021 Media Day Pic
- Jon Gruden Reportedly Received Images Of Washington Football Team’s Cheerleaders Being Forced To Pose Topless
- Awesemo DFS on Youtube
Superstar rookie Justin Fields later addressed those chants, as well as the fans booing Dalton
Via Pro Football Talk:
“I noticed it, of course. The fans are awesome, but they also have to realize Andy is a human being too. Andy is out there on the field right now, so I really think it’s kind of disrespectful to Andy, them cheering my name like that. They have to trust in coach to make sure he’s making the right decisions and cheer Andy on. That’s not helping Andy play better, them cheering my name. That’s not doing that. So I would say my advice to them would be just cheer for who’s out there playing on the field.”
Justin Fields: It's disrespectful for fans to chant my name when Andy Dalton is playing. https://t.co/32NaQntpr3
— ProFootballTalk (@ProFootballTalk) August 22, 2021
That’s some great leadership right there.
This kid seems to be the real deal. Only a matter of time he’ll be the guy.
Bears fans need to be patient.