When the Chicago Bears moved up in the NFL Draft to select quarterback Justin Fields, they made their move for the future, and picked the guy who could wash away the sorrows of the Mitchell Trubisky pick. While fans are anxious for Fields to be their quarterback, the Bears have held firm that Andy Dalton is still their QB1.
“Matt [Nagy] has spoken to Andy Dalton tonight; that communication and clarity for us is really important,” General Manager Ryan Pace said Thursday night, via Jason Lieser of the Chicago Sun-Times. “Andy is our starter, and we’re gonna have a really good plan in place to develop Justin and do what’s best for our organization and win games.”
So Dalton is the starter at this present moment. But that could all change very soon if Fields starts turning some heads.
On the first day of rookie minicamp, Fields stated that he wants the starting quarterback job.
— Around The NFL (@AroundTheNFL) May 14, 2021
Trending from Side Action
- Did Floyd Mayweather Hold Up Logan Paul To Avoid A Knockout?
- Lana Rhoades Brooklyn Nets Date Points to Kevin Durant
- Porn Star Lana Rhoades Says Nets Player Hooked Her Up with Private Suite for Playoff Game
- Natalie Buffet Praises Boyfriend Dak Prescott Opening Up About Mental Health
- Justin Herbert Reportedly in a Low Key Relationship with NFL Network’s Taylor Bisciotti
- Awesemo DFS on Youtube
Fields would add, ““If you aren’t striving for the starting job you shouldn’t be here.”
It seems like Justin Fields has the “step on your throat” mentality that Chicago Bears fan have been waiting to see out of their quarterback for many years.
The Bears will most likely start Dalton Week one. But once he falters in the slightest (and he will) fans will be calling for Justin Fields. And if history is any indicator, they’ll get their wish.