Former Michigan State Spartans star basketball player Keith Appling has been charged with the murder of a 66-year-old man on May 22.
Appling, 29, is being accused of killing Clyde Edmonds–whose wife is cousins with Appling’s mother.
“It is alleged that Appling had an argument with Mr. Edmonds over a handgun, and he fatally shot the victim multiple times before he fled the scene,” the Wayne County prosecutor’s office said via ESPN.
Former Michigan State University basketball star Keith Appling is charged with first-degree murder, Wayne County Prosecutor Kym Worthy said. https://t.co/LBfV3mLQgQ
— The Detroit News (@detroitnews) June 7, 2021
Trending from Side Action
- Did Floyd Mayweather Hold Up Logan Paul To Avoid A Knockout?
- Lana Rhoades Brooklyn Nets Date Points to Kevin Durant
- Porn Star Lana Rhoades Says Nets Player Hooked Her Up with Private Suite for Playoff Game
- Natalie Buffet Praises Boyfriend Dak Prescott Opening Up About Mental Health
- Justin Herbert Reportedly in a Low Key Relationship with NFL Network’s Taylor Bisciotti
- Awesemo DFS on Youtube
According to the reports, Keith Appling has been in custody for the murder since May 24. It is not currently known if a lawyer is representing the former Spartans standout.
He is additionally facing a charge for assault in relation to an incident in Jackson, Michigan on May 2.
Keith Appling played for the Michigan State Spartans from 2010-2014, and was voted a captain towards the end of his MSU career.
He would go on to have two brief stints with the Orlando Magic, but is currently retired from professional basketball.