The Dallas Mavericks are having a pretty mediocre season, and it appears they’re having some buyers remorse over their big man Kristaps Porzingis. The Mavs acquired Porzingis in a trade with the New York Knicks tow years ago. Then they signed KP to a $158 million contract extension later that summer.
- Gronk Goes to Disney World is the Most Clickable Headline of the Year
- Tom Brady is a Fanatic About Winning; Leonard Fournette Has Proof
- Mariota Reclamation Project in New England? Patriots Reportedly Eyeballing Quarterback
- Super Bowl Streaker Bet on Super Bowl Streaking
- Two Teams Reportedly Interested in Carson Wentz Trade
- Bronny James Reveals Torn Meniscus Diagnosis
- Courtside Karen in LeBron James Incident Apologizes via Instagram
- What Was Actually Said in LeBron James vs Courtside Karen Incident
Now he’s reportedly on the block.
In fact, Dallas has quietly gauged the trade market for Porzingis, according to league sources, as the Mavericks have begun reevaluating whether the 25-year-old center can truly support Doncic as the second option on a contender. “They’ve kicked the tires on everybody on their roster that’s not named Luka,” one person with knowledge of Dallas’ thinking said. “You know [president of basketball operations] Donnie [Nelson]; they’re always tinkering.”
Dallas has started quietly gauging Kristaps Porzingis’ trade value, according to league sources. On the Mavericks’ precarious position, and the 7’3” giant’s defensive decline: https://t.co/Dhi8b9KoiM
— Jake Fischer (@JakeLFischer) February 23, 2021
The Mavs are currently ninth overall in the Western Conference, ranking 27th in overall defense.
KP doesn’t appear to be getting any better, and the man once known as the Unicorn might need another change of scenery.
The Mavs are all about Luka, now they need to find the right complimentary players to surround him with. . .