On Monday, Switzerland stunned France to reach the Euro 2020 quarterfinals after Kylian Mbappe missed France’s decisive fifth penalty. Mbappe was the only player not to score in the shootout.
— Will Downing (@WillDowningComm) June 28, 2021
While many fans were quick to trash the young Kylian Mbappe (who had a rough night on the pitch), Brazilian legend Pele took to social media to send a heartfelt message.
“Keep your head up, Kylian! Tomorrow is the first day of a new journey,” Pele said on Twitter.
Keep your head up, Kylian! Tomorrow is the first day of a new journey, @KMbappe.
— Pelé (@Pele) June 28, 2021
Trending from Side Action
- Dwyane Wade’s Side Baby Mama Aja Metyeour Sends Out a Message
- Manchester United Legend Paul Scholes Getting Dragged After Daughter Posts Video of Him Chewing Her Toenails
- Former NBA Ball Boy Turned Tik Toker Gets Ethered by Richard Jefferson For Looking at Player’s ‘Junk’
- Houston Astros Now Being Accused of Cheating with Whistling
- More Urban Meyer at the Bar Video, Sext Messages With Cayman Nebraska Rumors Surface
- Awesemo DFS on Youtube
Pele knows first hand how much a tough loss can hurt, and I’m sure hearing some reassurance from the icon could help his pain a little bit for Kylian.
After all, Kylian Mbappe has already proven so much at such a young age.
Kylian Mbappé at only 22 years old:
✓ FIFA World Cup winner
✓ 2018 FIFA World Cup Best Young Player
✓ 4x Ligue 1 winner
✓ 3x Ligue 1 top goalscorer
✓ No French player has ever scored more in a single Champions League season
— ESPN FC (@ESPNFC) June 28, 2021
While Kylian Mbappe will be reeling from this loss for a long time, he still has many bright moments ahead. Pele knows it, too.