Kyrie Irving continues to be a top storyline in the NBA over his refusal to take the COVID vaccine.
The state of New York has a mandate in place that would require Kyrie to be vaccinated for all home games. So as it stands right now, Irving will not be paid his game check for any of his team’s 42 home games this season.
When speaking on the matter, Kevin Durant has maintained that he expects Kyrie Irving to be with the team for the upcoming season, even if that belief might be a bit ‘naive’.
Kevin Durant Admits He Could Be Being ‘Naive’ When Speaking About Kyrie Irving Situationhttps://t.co/Mrq3UBYMo3
— SideAction (@SideActionHQ) October 7, 2021
While Kevin Durant still sees Kyrie Irving as his point guard, another report is starting to surface: Irving might just retire.
“There is a belief in some corners of the league that Irving would retire, or at least deeply ponder it, if Brooklyn suddenly traded him.”
— NBA Central (@TheNBACentral) October 8, 2021
Trending from Side Action
- Dwyane Wade’s Side Baby Mama Aja Metyeour Sends Out a Message
- Manchester United Legend Paul Scholes Getting Dragged After Daughter Posts Video of Him Chewing Her Toenails
- Former NBA Ball Boy Turned Tik Toker Gets Ethered by Richard Jefferson For Looking at Player’s ‘Junk’
- Houston Astros Now Being Accused of Cheating with Whistling
- More Urban Meyer at the Bar Video, Sext Messages With Cayman Nebraska Rumors Surface
- Awesemo DFS on Youtube
If Kyrie Irving remains unwilling to take the vaccine, Brooklyn would undoubtedly have to explore trade options, or maybe even look into the possibility of just releasing him.
Like it or not, teams need their players to be available. And if Kyrie isn’t going to be around for the season (for whatever reason) then the Nets need to look into their options.
However, Kyrie Irving would definitely complicate those discussions if he simply declares that he’ll retire if he’s not playing for the Nets.
What a complete mess this guy has set up for Brooklyn.