Brooklyn Nets guard Kyrie Irving took to social media to reveal who he thinks should be used as the NBA’s logo instead of Jerry West. Irving thinks it’s time for the league to make the switch to using an African-American as the logo, and Kobe Bryant is that perfect guy.
“Gotta happen, idc what anyone says. BLACK KINGS BUILT THE LEAGUE,” Irving wrote on his Instagram.
- Gronk Goes to Disney World is the Most Clickable Headline of the Year
- Tom Brady is a Fanatic About Winning; Leonard Fournette Has Proof
- Mariota Reclamation Project in New England? Patriots Reportedly Eyeballing Quarterback
- Super Bowl Streaker Bet on Super Bowl Streaking
- Two Teams Reportedly Interested in Carson Wentz Trade
- Bronny James Reveals Torn Meniscus Diagnosis
- Courtside Karen in LeBron James Incident Apologizes via Instagram
- What Was Actually Said in LeBron James vs Courtside Karen Incident
Kyrie Irving isn’t the first person to lobby for Kobe Bryant being used as the new logo for the NBA. There have been many fans and people around the league who have been outspoken about their desire to make the mamba the new logo.
While it has been over a year since we lost Kobe Bryant and his daughter Gigi in a horrific helicopter crash, his presence in and around the league is still going to this day. Players such as Kyrie Irving, LeBron James, Russell Westbrook, etc. built such strong bonds with Kobe, and they continue to add on to his legacy.
I don’t really agree with Kyrie Irving much, but i’m all for the NBA changing their logo to Kobe Bryant. Honestly, it kind of seems like a no-brainer to me. Make it happen Adam Silver.