The Los Angeles Lakers are in danger of falling into the play-in tournament. The Lakers are currently 36-28, good for the No. 6 seed in the Western Conference. However, they currently hold the tiebreaker over the No. 7 seed Portland Trailblazers. It is possible that the Lakers could fall into a play-in spot with a poor finish on the season. LeBron James does not appear to be a fan of that idea.
“Whoever came up with that s—t needs to be fired,” LeBron said of the play-in tournament on Sunday night.
The irony of LeBron’s statement is that he seems to have circled back on his own words. Back in 2020, the Los Angeles Lakers star was touting the idea.
Trending from Side Action
- Wild Fights Break Out In The Stands At UFC 262
- All It Took Was One Punch For This Padres Fan To Knock Out A Rockies Fan On Wednesday
- Ayesha Curry Shows Off Her Old Breast Implants
- Floyd Mayweather Threatens to Kill Logan Paul Following Their Press Conference
- Serena Williams Was Trending For Her Different Looking Face
- Awesemo DFS on Youtube
“One thing you can’t just do is go straight to the playoffs, because it discredits the 60-plus games that guys had fighting for that position,” LeBron said in March 2020 on the “Road Trippin” podcast. “You got Portland. You got Memphis…New Orleans and Sacramento tinkering around there…so if there is five or 10 games left…why not those guys battle it out? Make them play each other all five games?”