Here’s a real curveball. Apparently baseball fans love them some Lil Nas X. Lil Nas X is the most popular music artist among baseball fans ages 18-29, according to data obtained by Insider from consumer insight service Helixa. Of course this was measured before his most recent controversy, his Nike Satan shoes.
Lil Nas X’s Limited Edition Satan Shoes Sold Out in Under a Minute https://t.co/dxZ2SOD5qL
— SideAction (@SideActionHQ) March 29, 2021
Trending from Side Action
- LeBron James Under Fire After Tweeting ‘You’re Next’ At Ohio Cop Who Killed Teen
- Kim Kardashian Already Being Linked to An Athlete
- Deshaun Watson’s Girlfriend Jilly Anais Posts First Picture of Watson Since Scandal Broke
- Twitter Reacts To Patrick Mahomes’ Fiancé Brittany Matthews’ Hot Outfit
- Tiger Woods’ Girlfriend Erica Herman Has Been a Huge Part of his Recovery
- Awesemo DFS on Youtube
Since the data was collected, the Hip-Hop artist became a controversy over a shoe endorsement that featured Satanic themes.
Helixa is an audience intelligence platform that gathers information through public social data rather than surveys or polls. The service features cutting-edge artificial intelligence engines to format that data as official insights.
The data focused on one age group that makes up the vast majority of MLB’s target audience: males age 18-29.
That demographic showed a higher affinity for Hip-Hop than any other musical genre among all 3o MLB fan bases, with 71.3% claiming it to be their favorite genre. Subsequently, Lil Nas X was unanimously the most favored artist among all 30 fan bases by reach, meaning the data also included favorability among fans outside the target demographic, with 35.88%.
Lil Nas X and baseball just feel like an odd pairing.
Now if they could just get these young fans to watch the games. . .