The Luka Doncic-Kristaps Porzingis marriage looks like it’s headed for a divorce.
While reports have surfaced that Kristaps hasn’t been too happy playing second fiddle to Luka all the time, it appears that Luka isn’t the biggest fan of Porzingis, either.
When Kristaps Porzingis was fined $50,000 for being out at a strip club in Los Angeles during the Clippers series, the Mavs shrugged it off. However, it’s now being reported that Luka Doncic had a big issue with Kristaps putting himself over the team.
Remember when Porzingis broke the rules and snuck off to an L.A. strip club during the playoffs? The Mavs pretended to laugh it off; privately, Doncic wasn’t chuckling.
— fishsports (@fishsports) June 27, 2021
Trending from Side Action
- Dwyane Wade’s Side Baby Mama Aja Metyeour Sends Out a Message
- Manchester United Legend Paul Scholes Getting Dragged After Daughter Posts Video of Him Chewing Her Toenails
- Former NBA Ball Boy Turned Tik Toker Gets Ethered by Richard Jefferson For Looking at Player’s ‘Junk’
- Houston Astros Now Being Accused of Cheating with Whistling
- More Urban Meyer at the Bar Video, Sext Messages With Cayman Nebraska Rumors Surface
- Awesemo DFS on Youtube
Can it work between Luka Doncic and Kristaps Porzingis?
This anecdote comes a day after ESPN analyst Tim amMahon said bluntly that, “Porzingis and Luka do not like each other.”
Report: Luka Doncic and Kristaps Porzingis don’t like each other https://t.co/jZA7Rtu6j3
— Kurt Helin (@basketballtalk) June 27, 2021
While the stats for Kristaps Porzingis and Luka Doncic look fine, it doesn’t necessarily feel like a great fit. Despite averaging over 20 points in the regular season, Porzingis was often an afterthought in the playoffs. And the big man averaged just 13.1 points in the postseason.
Maybe new head coach Jason Kidd will be able to mend the relationship between Luka Doncic and Kristaps Porzingis. But it’s also looking entirely possible that Dallas just goes ahead and finds a trade partner for Porzingis this offseason.