Mac Jones was put in a tough situation on Sunday Night.
In Tom Brady’s return to New England, the rookie was on the biggest stage with the entire world watching and wondering: How will this guy fill the GOAT’s shoes?
With everyone tuned in, Mac Jones actually played pretty well, albeit in a losing effort. He went 31-40 passing for 275 yards and two touchdowns.
After the game, Mac Jones revealed the piece of advice that Tom Brady gave him during their embrace.
“[Tom Brady] just told me to keep my head up and keep working,” Jones said, per Nick Goss of NBC Sports.
Tom Brady had a little advice for rookie Mac Jones: ‘Keep working’ https://t.co/so14EBjsgt
— MLive (@MLive) October 4, 2021
Trending from Side Action
- Houston Astros Now Being Accused of Cheating with Whistling
- More Urban Meyer at the Bar Video, Sext Messages With Cayman Nebraska Rumors Surface
- Jerry Jones Goes Viral For Kissing His Son On the Lips Following Overtime Win Against the Patriots
- Zion Williamson Trending For His Not So Flattering 2021 Media Day Pic
- Jon Gruden Reportedly Received Images Of Washington Football Team’s Cheerleaders Being Forced To Pose Topless
- Awesemo DFS on Youtube
Mac Jones Prepared To Fill Tom Brady’s Shoes?
After Tom Brady left New England for Tampa Bay, the Patriots made the realization that it was time to retool their roster.
And following their Cam Newton experiment, it appears that Bill Belichick has found his long term answer at quarterback in Mac Jones.
“We don’t really do moral victories,” Jones continued after the game. “Those are always forgotten. But you just kind of have to take it for what it’s worth and move on.”
With everything going on surrounding last night’s game, Patriots fans should feel proud of how their new quarterback responded.
Now it’s time for him to keep growing.