The fraternity of officials is getting more inclusive. Maia Chaka made history yesterday. The newest NFL Referee became the first Black woman to officiate a league game when the Carolina Panthers and New York Jets met at 1pm E.T on the first NFL Sunday of the season. Not only is she the first Black Women in the game, she also became the league’s third female to officiate, joining Shannon Eastin and Sarah Thomas.
Maia Chaka is making history today.
She will be the first black woman to officiate an NFL game. 👏👏👏
— NFL (@NFL) September 12, 2021
Trending from Side Action
- Jalen Hurts’ Girlfriend Allegedly Spotted at Eagles Game
- Jordyn Woods Wore a Crazy See Through Dress to Anthony Davis’ Wedding
- Tiger Woods Allegedly Spotted with ‘Hot Blonde’ in Mexico
- NFL’s First Openly Active Gay Player Carl Nassib’s Alleged Boyfriend Revealed
- Dak Prescott Cheating on Girlfriend Rumors Hit the Net
- Awesemo DFS on Youtube
Prior to being hired by the NFL on March 5, Maia worked with the Pac-12, Conference USA and the XFL. Just in case you’re wondering, NFL refs can make a pretty decent living.
NFL Referee Salary Has Been Revealed🤯https://t.co/MEEUarTR3x
— SideAction (@SideActionHQ) September 9, 2021