Oregon Ducks head coach Mario Cristobal is coming off arguably the biggest win of his career when he took down Ohio State on the road last weekend.
So of course, the last thing Cristobal wants to hear right now is that he’s being linked to another coaching gig. But after USC fired Clay Helton, Cristobal was one of few coaches around college football who were linked to the job.
On Wednesday, Mario Cristobal appeared on the Doug Gottlieb show, where he thought he’d be talking about Ducks football. But immediately, Gottlieb starting off by asking about the USC rumors.
Cristobal’s immediate response was a simple, “go Ducks”. But when Gottlieb persisted, Mario got annoyed.
Take 30 seconds out of your day to hear Mario Cristobal dunk on Doug Gottlieb when asked about the USC rumors.
"My response is Go Ducks." pic.twitter.com/7ripxvpVW4
— Andrew G. Haubner (@A_G_Haubner) September 15, 2021
Trending from Side Action
- Dwyane Wade’s Side Baby Mama Aja Metyeour Sends Out a Message
- Manchester United Legend Paul Scholes Getting Dragged After Daughter Posts Video of Him Chewing Her Toenails
- Former NBA Ball Boy Turned Tik Toker Gets Ethered by Richard Jefferson For Looking at Player’s ‘Junk’
- Houston Astros Now Being Accused of Cheating with Whistling
- More Urban Meyer at the Bar Video, Sext Messages With Cayman Nebraska Rumors Surface
- Awesemo DFS on Youtube
It seems unlikely that Mario Cristobal would leave Oregon for another Pac-12 team, and it doesn’t even appear that he’s the first guy USC has showed interest in.
So far, Penn State’s James Franklin (who gave a roundabout answer when asked about rumors), Cincinnati’s Luke Fickell, and even Eric Bieniemy appear to be on USC’s list of guys to consider.
But the process of USC hiring their next head coach is expected to be diligent, and take some time. Perhaps they’ll make a run at Mario Cristobal after some of the dust settles.