The trade deadline is right around the corner and there are inevitably a bunch of names in NBA trade rumors. One of the latest is Mavericks big man Kristaps Porzingis.
Kristaps Porzingis Reportedly on the Trade Block https://t.co/cDF6fyo5Ug
— SideAction (@SideActionHQ) February 23, 2021
Porzingis was reported as a player who is no longer “untouchable” for the Mavs. Mavs owner Mark Cuban has fired back refuting those reports. Cuban has denied that the Mavs have spoken with anyone about shipping Porzingis out of Dallas via trade.
- Gronk Goes to Disney World is the Most Clickable Headline of the Year
- Tom Brady is a Fanatic About Winning; Leonard Fournette Has Proof
- Mariota Reclamation Project in New England? Patriots Reportedly Eyeballing Quarterback
- Super Bowl Streaker Bet on Super Bowl Streaking
- Two Teams Reportedly Interested in Carson Wentz Trade
- Bronny James Reveals Torn Meniscus Diagnosis
- Courtside Karen in LeBron James Incident Apologizes via Instagram
- What Was Actually Said in LeBron James vs Courtside Karen Incident
“It’s not accurate. We have not discussed him in a trade at all. Has not happened.”, said Mavs owner Mark Cuban.
While the Mavs could speak to teams about the prospects of a Porzingis trade, it seems like right now would be an inopportune time to do so. The Latvian recently returned from injury and is still getting fully acclimated with Dallas. In his first 17 games this season, Porzingis is currently notching 20.5 points, 8.2 rebounds, and a career-low of 1.6 blocks per game.
The Porzingis trade rumors are probably due to his down season defensively and the Mavs poor start to the season as a team. However, it would be tough for the Mavs to get a good return on investment for Porzingis should they want to make a move this season. Regardless, Cuban has made it clear that they don’t intend to trade him right now.