Matthew Stafford’s time in Detroit appears to be coming to an end. After giving his heart and soul to the city, he has asked for a trade, and will reportedly be granted his wish.
Matthew Stafford and the Lions have mutually agreed to part ways, per @TomPelissero
Stafford's been Detroit's starting QB since 2009 pic.twitter.com/SpcY53IB6Z
— Bleacher Report (@BleacherReport) January 23, 2021
Almost instantly after Stafford was reported to be on the trading block, many were speculating on where the veteran quarterback might end up. According to NFL reporter Jason La Canfora, the Indianapolis Colts are looking into ways to acquire Matthew Stafford.
Can confirm Lions are committed to trading Matt Stafford. Retooling with young GM/HC and looking to build thru draft. There will be a robust market. Have heard for quite some time the Colts were waiting to see what happens in Detroit and prepared to pounce a la Buckner last year
— Jason La Canfora (@JasonLaCanfora) January 23, 2021
- James and the Giant Tax Bill; Harden to Pay $13M After Trade
- Colin Cowherd Wants Nick Saban to Get an NFL Head Coaching Gig
- Jimmy Butler Peer Pressured into Drinking Wine for the First Time
- Watch the Emotional Moment on Steelers Bench Following Playoff Loss
- Man Smashes His Own Television After Engaging Steelers Loss
- Superstar Third Baseman on the Trade Market?
- Johnny Manziel Was Barred from XFL by Vince McMahon
To me, Stafford to the Colts is a slam dunk for the organization. This year the Colts proved that they were a very strong football team. Stafford could be the guy to put them over the edge. The Colts offensive line is one of the best in the game, they have a great defense, and are well coached.
Matthew Stafford didn’t get much of a chance to contend in Detroit, but he would get that chance with the Colts. Make it happen.