In one of the many disturbing emails leaked from Jon Gruden’s account, the former coach took aim at Michael Sam – who was the first openly gay player drafted.
When speaking at an online event for Augusta University in Georgia, Sam spoke on how he was disappointed that Gruden’s email leak came while he was coaching Carl Nassib – the only rostered openly gay player in the NFL.
“It’s unfortunate,’’ Michael sam said via USA Today, “especially that the first active gay player who’s playing is on the same team.’’
In the emails, Jon Gruden referred to commissioner Roger Goodell by a plethora of homophobic slurs, and said former coach Jeff Fisher was pressured into drafting Michael Sam.
“So it almost seems like you know how the whole team would rally around (Nassib), but again, it almost seems like it was just for show. So are you really a part of it, or are you not?
“It’s moving in that direction (of acceptance), so if you’re not a part of it, you need to find another profession,’’ Sam continued.
Trending from Side Action
- Video of Texans Fans Having Sexual Activity Under Their Ponchos Goes Viral
- Faceless NSFW Chargers Fan Shows Off Thong After Sunday Night Football Win
- Antonio Brown’s Girlfriend Cydney Moreau Trending After Texts Show She Offered to Pay for Vaccine Card
- Mike Zimmer Spotted With Maxim Australia Cover Girl
- Zac Stacy’s Ex Girlfriend Drops Message Following Video of Her Getting Assaulted Goes Viral
- Awesemo DFS on Youtube
Michael Sam also received the backing from Jeff Fisher, who said Roger Goodell had nothing to do with his decision to select him.
Jeff Fisher Releases Statement After Jon Gruden’s Emails Referenced Him Drafting Michael Samhttps://t.co/j4tTT1UBcA
— SideAction (@SideActionHQ) October 13, 2021
Michael Sam is currently retired from professional football. And it appears that Jon Gruden will be joining him.