After Cam Newton was surprisingly cut by the New England Patriots earlier in the week, many fans were putting together the perfect landing spot for the former MVP.
With the Dallas Cowboys in need of an upgrade behind the injury-prone Dak Prescott at QB, many saw it as a natural fit for Cam Newton.
Cam Newton Being Linked To One Team After His Surprising Releasehttps://t.co/3DasSgEKUW
— SideAction (@SideActionHQ) August 31, 2021
But as the Dallas Cowboys are in the process of finalizing their roster for the regular season, coach Mike McCarthy didn’t sound too interested in Cam Newton when asked on Thursday.
Mike McCarthy basically saying the #Cowboys took a look at Cam Newton but they're out.
"Happy with what we have."
Team claimed Will Grier off waivers on Wednesday.
— Patrik [No C] Walker (@VoiceOfTheStar) September 2, 2021
Trending from Side Action
- Houston Astros Now Being Accused of Cheating with Whistling
- More Urban Meyer at the Bar Video, Sext Messages With Cayman Nebraska Rumors Surface
- Jerry Jones Goes Viral For Kissing His Son On the Lips Following Overtime Win Against the Patriots
- Zion Williamson Trending For His Not So Flattering 2021 Media Day Pic
- Jon Gruden Reportedly Received Images Of Washington Football Team’s Cheerleaders Being Forced To Pose Topless
- Awesemo DFS on Youtube
Dallas Says No To Cam Newton
The Dallas Cowboys were left with the tandem of Garrett Gilbert, Cooper Rush, and Ben DiNucci when Dak Prescott and Andy Dalton weren’t available last season, and the product was just terrible.
Now, Dalton is taking over the reigns with the Chicago Bears, and the Cowboys are setting themselves up for a doomsday scenario if anything were to happen to Prescott.
Perhaps Cam Newton’s unvaccinated status factors in to the Cowboys’ decision here, but it certainly seems like a bit of negligence for the team to not even do their due diligence on the former Patriots quarterback.